Sunday 20 October 2013

My weekend.


This weekend has been rather special, then again they are always special. Friday evening Ashley arrived to stay the weekend, it's torture during the week not being able to see him. But when I do get to see him we always have so much fun. I even had his tea ready for him when he arrived ;) Slimming World style Chicken Tikka Masala with rice and chips mmmmm.

Saturday morning we ventured into town, had a poke around in forbidden planet and bashed each other over the head with plastic bottles in St Ann's Square. Our maturity levels are not very high when we are in each others company, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Saturday night we went to Route 66 Outdoor Cinema to watch Captain Phillips. We went armed with my duvet, pillows, fruit and sugar free Iron Bru. The film was awesome, a must see. I love Tom Hanks, he's an incredible actor. For those of you who haven't seen it, it's based on a true story. Tom Hanks plays Richard Phillips (The Captain), he and his crew are ambushed by Somalian Pirates. I'd watch it again without a doubt. Anyway, how cool is the fact it's an outdoor cinema?! You see those things in American Movies then all of a sudden BAM! Manchester gets one! Bloody brilliant.

Sunday afternoon, Me and Ashley decided to take Rufus on his first adventure to Heaton Park. Rufus is 1 of 4 Chihuahua's (I'll introduce them all in another post soon, I promise). It was amazing, he stuck his head out of the car window on the way there and enjoyed running around the park. UNTIL heavens opened and the rain came down really heavy. We were all dripping and very cold! It was a good 2 hour walk around though apart from the rain towards the end.


I hate when Ash has to go home, it sucks. But I'm on his turf next weekend, super excited.
Hope you all enjoyed your weekends!

2 comments:

  1. I might have to check out this outdoor cinema as I am down the road in Chester. Glad you had a good weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, we've been twice now and it's a cool experience. They put on brand new films and old films, we watched Rocky the first time :) and thank you! Hope you had a good weekend too x

      Delete