Thursday 22 May 2014

Exciting news!

So today well technically since its now after midnight, yesterday.. I had my interview at the college to do the Children and Young Peoples Workforce Level 2 course which has now had its named changed to Early Years Education Level 2 (which I prefer). I power walked all the way there at 20 past 3 thinking I was going to be late, not only did I work up a sweat but I got there in 20 minutes. My appointment wasn't until 4pm. I've never walked so fast in all my life, I can feel it in my legs now. But anyway, we went up to the room where the interview/talk was taking place and we were given a piece of paper and a pen to write a personal statement about ourselves and why we wanted to do the course. I was honest and explained that I was ready for the course now, as I'm gaining more confidence and I'm hoping the course will add to that. I also explained why I didn't have the confidence to follow my dreams before hand. After doing the personal statement we were sent upstairs to the computer room to do the dreaded English and Maths tests on the computer to see what level we are working at, to help them see which course we should be on. Oh and by the way when I say 'we' I mean the other ladies and one gentleman that was there too. I got through the English test no problem and came out as a level 2 which is awesome as I got a C in my GCSE. The Maths was a lot more difficult, I struggle with Maths. It isn't my strongest point, I got Entry Level 3 which is terrible and I got an F in my GCSE. Along with this course I have to take an extra course of GCSE Maths so I can progress on to level 3 of Early Years Education once I've finished level 2. This will be an evening class, I'm just hoping I do better second time around. After I had finished the tests I took my results back down to the room everybody was in and gave them to the woman that would be tutor if I got on the course. She was pleased with my English result and asked me why I wanted to do the course and I explained, I had to hold back a few tears as I could feel myself getting upset as I mentioned that being bullied at school and college in the past had knocked my confidence a lot but I'm ready now to do this. With that she wrote my name on her list and gave me a place. I'm so happy, college will be 1 day a week but I have to find 2 placements in 2 different nurseries which I will be at once a week. So technically I'll be doing 3 days a week at college but 2 of them will be on placement. It will be 3 and a half once I've put in my application for Maths which I'm going to do this week. I'm so proud of myself for not bottling it last minute. My future is starting to look very bright!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic hun great read and congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Good luck on your journey through college! X

    ReplyDelete